Borealia will be serving up a great selection of early Canadian history starting this summer! On the menu are posts about:
- the future of Loyalist studies
- primary sources
- republicanism and responsible government
- print culture in British North America
- unrest and violence
- the place of Quebec in narratives about the American Revolution
- transnational friendships
- breaking the national paradigm in teaching
- and more!
Watch this space, or follow us on Twitter, as we make our summer debut, and then have a big launch in September!
Vicky Swain, Social Media for Eagle Community Centre, Eagle, Ontario says:
What a terrific idea to have a Canadian History Blog. I would like to see info regarding 1800’s one-room school houses and what happened to them. The Eagle Community Centre is located in Eagle, Ontario. The building will celebrate 50 years being incorporated as community centre in 2017. It’s 125th birthday will take place in 2020, celebrating when it started as a school in 1895.